We represent over 10,000 registered exercise professionals living and working in provinces and territories across Canada.
NFLA Canada's main focus is the development and stewardship of national standards and exercise leadership registration across Canada. We are an advocate for exercise leadership at the National level. We:
- work collaboratively to promote qualified exercise professionals in Canada;
- are a national and international advocate for exercise professionals;
- hold the Performance Standards for exercise leadership registration in Canada
NFLA members are committed to a common vision, open communication, sharing and enhancing resources and working together towards an effective, national network. We are the Canadian member of the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals. Our work with ICREPs furthers our goals by:
- providing international portability for Canadian registered exercise professionals through the establishment of registers for exercise professionals and international alignment of standards for practice.
- allowing us to share leading practices with international exercise organizations
- providing the ICREPs-endorsed registry for Canadian exercise professionals, through our partnerships